Saturday 9 September 2017

Hurricane Irma

Yes, I live in Florida. We live in Volusia County and are about as prepared for the hurricane as we can be. The only thing we didn't get was a generator and since they're saying that this is going to be an active hurricane season that item will be on our list of immediate buys once we get through Irma. The last time I checked things were looking slightly better for us but still, anything can happen. Tornados are another concern and of course the high winds. I think it's clear by now that this storm is going to touch all Floridians in some way.

On another note, we had a couple of visitors this week. I went out to get the mail one day and the tortoise was out there chomping down on something. The next day the cranes came to see us. They had a chick with them but I kept my distance as I've been chased by one of them before. Back when I could run. They'd catch me for sure now:)


2 comments:

  1. Keep safe, Tory. Keeping everyone in the path of the storm in our thoughts and prayers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for losing power for a week, losing everything in the fridge and freezer, some tree and fence damage we came through okay, thanks. Could have always been worse.

      Delete

Unleash your inner vixen and comment today!